sunnuntai 23. kesäkuuta 2013

Our circumstances

The mother eagle teaches her little ones to fly by making their nest so uncomfortable that they are forced to leave it and commit themselves to the unknown world of air outside.  And just so does our God to us.
 Hannah Whitall Smith

Lately I have been thinking a lot how God uses our circumstances to teach us His lessons.
Compared to most people I work with, or just live with here in Tena, my circumstances are luxurious.

I have so many things that they lack. Or am able to do so many things they can only dream of.

Like walking, and talking and being independent.

So, do I have a right to be unhappy or need more? Is that justified in front of God?



Nick Wujicik, a pastor and motivational speaker with physical disability, said in one of his videos not to compare our suffering to other people's suffering.

I think that is a very wise concept.

In front of God, every pain is valid. He loves us all as we are.


And He seeks us to be better and rise above the circumstances, no matter what they are.

What I really love about this job is how I'm blessed with a spot to see how people rise above their circumstances.

Like the baby eagles, they soar throught the sky and I have been, even a small, part of it.


That is the biggest treasure for me.

I really do think, that many times, the best cure is not to think about myself but concentrate on others and how I can help them.

And again, something that Nick said, "Be the blessing to others".

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti